Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan controller mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokiedabong

I just bought a NZXT Sentry 2 touch screen fan controller , which is basically a good looking cheap piece of crap . It fails to power the CoolerMAster fan , it just makes a loud droning noise and the other fans that are spinning are louder at low RPM than directly connected , they have a droning noise also .
The controller is a switching regulator and I want to modify it to eliminate the noise . What do you think is a good solution ? Replace the marked capacitors with bigger low ESR capacitors https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/cosupreme/LM317-b.jpg . Add some electrolytics to the output . Or build a secondary circuit with a linear voltage regulator controled by the output to get a clean signal ? I know almost nothing about electronics or switching regulators , just started to learn so I'm asking for your help , thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back