Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

falleafd-help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

manohar

hello sir,
i have started a project whose complete details are at:
http://www.geocities.com/tjacodesign/cerberes/cerberes.html

but it uses a pic microcontroller . as of now i donot know anything about pic's(i am still a student). but we have 8051 in this semester and it would be of great help if would help me with the circuit for the same thing using 8051(maybe i need pull up resistors)but i need this circuit badly and also the program for the same . i need to complete this project in a very a short duration.(i am yet to learn 8051 but as it is in our syllabus this semester i will learn it ) but pic is not included in our syllabus.for the exam i will need to answer the questions about my project if i use pic i will have to study it.but using a 8051 will lessen my burden.

Sorry,

I said that I cannot visit that site because of the firewall (the firewall of vietnamese net).

So if you can, you may download the site and send it to me via email.

doanhiep@swissinfo.org

For more information about pics and tutorial of PICs, you may see the signature of Nigel. He writes a very very very good tutorial with basic pics : 16f628 and 16f877.

Yeah, you only need pull up resistors on port0 of 89C51. The 3 other ports do not need pull up resistors.

In some case, 89C51 is simplier than PICs, because you don't have to write start codes to begin programming on 89c51. And the i/o can be use as i/o at any time. but with PIC you have to configure it before using.

If you see in the scheme, they connect the pins directly to RB of P16f84, you can do so to 89c51. with port1, and port2. Port3 is usually used for special functions, but you may use it as i/o port in other applications.

16f84 has only 18pins, but your 8951 have 40 pins. And in this case, your 8951 stronger than 16f84, you don't have to worry muchie.

So, if you need a pcb, copy the site and send it to me. I'll make it for you.

I'll reply to you in .pdf format, so that you can view and print it to build your pcb.

Goodluck.

The analog circuits shouldn't need to be changed. Just replace the port pins on the PIC with the port Pins on the 8051. If you give us the part number of the 8051 that you are using we can help more.

For the software it should be easy to translate between PIC assembly and 8051 assembly. But the project is so simple it is probably easier to just write the assembly yourself.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back