Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fairchild? P52AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

I've lost the schematic for my Technological Arts Adapt12SSIM board. They don't have it available for download (very annoying). You get one with the board and that's it. But I bought it years ago and the sheet has disappeared. So I'm attempting to reverse engineer it a bit to see how to use some parts on the board.

The chip I'm looking at is a 14-pin SOIC (I think it's SOIC anyway - it's surface mount). Very small. It's labelled as follows:

Line 1: Stylized F (Fairchild?) P52AB

Line 2: V132

Anyone know what it is, and where I can find a datasheet? I've Googled hard and see it listed here and there, but no datasheet links that work.

If I get no answers I'll have to dig through the swamp again to try to find my original schematic copy, or bug TechArts for another.

Wrong board. The one I have is this one. It's not a MCU board. It's an add-on board that has the proper pinout to be plugged into a backplane with the Adapt Series boards, or plugged directly into one.

I have it plugged into a breadboard with a 50-pin adapter, being controlled with a 18F448 at present.
adapt12ssim_800x600.jpg
The chip in question is the one with the red dot (not big enough, but it's there if you look close).

Here's a tight macro shot:
adapt12ssim001_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Heh. :D No, no and no. I have the "datasheet", which consists only of a drawing of the board with the connectors and major components pointed out and the pinout for the board. But without knowing what that chip is (and what it does) I'm lost on a few things.

I can get servos to work on connectors 3 and 4, but not 1 and 2 (they have current sensing). I assume one of the chips has something to do with this - one is a LMV324 op-amp. Once I have a datasheet for the other one I can trace things and see what connects how. Then I can draw my own schematic. What fun! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back