Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fading on/off led lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oclocker

I'm installing ambient led lighting under kitchen cupboards & plinths using 12v led strips & almost finished but just at last minute have decided i'd like to make them fade on and off - from my older electronics days i presume its doable with a capacitor and resistor - for example the plinth lighting will be 12v 500ma. Under cupboard 12v 700 ma both seperately switched on/off any one got help re calculations of capacitors etc I know i'll need resistors that handle 6watts+

of course any ideas on a different way to do it appreciated

Fading on/off might mean for the LEDs to brighten slowly for a couple of seconds when they are turned on then they dim alowly for a couple of seconds when they turn are turned off?

You might be able to do it with a huge capacitor and two resistors.
Usually it is done with a small capacitor and a resistor that drive a darlington transistor.

How are the LEDs and their current-limiting resistors wired so that they can use 12V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back