Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Factorial of a no

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m having trouble with keil for 89c51. I want to find out factorial of a no. On keil. No are from 0-9. When the answer is greater than 255 we need to split the term in 2 memory locations but i dont know how it can be done.can anyone help me plz....

Since your numbers are from 0-9, the factorial result can go up to 362880 (factorial of 9), which I think will require more than 2 memory locations. One way is to store individual digits (ones, tens, hundreds, ...) to different locations. You can do that by dividing by 10 and saving the reminder.

- Raj
Experiments with PIC16F628A

Hey, I made what you need. This program receive in N the number which you want its factorial and give to you in D2,D1 and D0 the most, medium and less significant byte of the result (factorial of 9 is a 3 byte number). Hope you like it
Code:
N EQU 40H
D0 EQU 41H
D1 EQU 42H
D2 EQU 43H

AUX0 EQU 44H
AUX1 EQU 45H
AUX2 EQU 46H

ORG 0
FACTORIAL:
				MOV A,N
				MOV D0,#1