Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extracting Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraythorne

Is it possible to extract the Hex from a microcontroller and put it back into another microcontroller of the same type?

If so what do I need to do it?

Thanks

Kray

If the pic you would like to read not is code protected it is just read and write with a programmer and software

yes, you can do it very easy.
you need a programer. but the programmer must have a button to read the flash of microcontroller.
but before you start, you must know that the flash of your micro is'nt lock.

Try to read it you'll no if it's code protected. Do you have a programmer if so what type ?

if you want to read the code from micro by programmer, if the chip was lock, the code that you read from flash all will be stream same like (FF).but if the flash was't lock your reading will be in otherhand, like (0A,00,01,99.....) that shows you this is true.

I have a Vellman kit - K8048.

it has read/write against the active LED - so I'm guessing it reads, but I've not investigated how to do it yet.

If it is code protected it will tell you when you try to read it. What chip is it.

dear
in the programmer i said you, i double clicked on the programmer icon on my desktop, and a new window of software will be show. in the window, there is a button that works for reading flash .when you press it by mouse it reads the micro flash and save it in the destination that i chose.this programmer is prof.but i dont know whether in the cheap programmer is this button or not.
i hope i helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back