Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Experience Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcflyer

My posts have "Electronics Newbie" listed under my screen name. While I'm certainly no expert, I'm no newbie either. How can I change this attribute?

Yeah, and I'm no 'Expert' either... It has to do with your participation in the forum, the number of posts you make. You'll see that it's by no means a measure of the experience or abilities of the other members as well...

So, if a 'Expert' gives you advice, doesn't actually mean they know what they are talking about. Sort of an honorary title, doesn't really mean anything more than a level of interest in electronics.

Yeah, I know for a fact I am not a God...or am I? Could it just be I am a God but don't know it? nah...that's too contradictory.

dknguyen said:
Yeah, I know for a fact I am not a God...or am I? Could it just be I am a God but don't know it? nah...that's too contradictory.

If God created everything, how was God created?

kcflyer said:
My posts have "Electronics Newbie" listed under my screen name. While I'm certainly no expert, I'm no newbie either. How can I change this attribute?

As already suggested, it's simply based on the number of posts you've made - it will change when you hit specific threshold values.

Notice that there's a ratings bar. To rate a member click on the .

Thanks. The new title is a better description. The 'expert' implied that I know a lot more than I do (so much more to learn). I know about the stuff I've worked with (learn what I need). I have a wide range of interests, doubtful I'll achieve expert status in any one area.

ElectroMaster said:
Yes hero999 Is 100% correct (so i gave you rep ;-)).

Aww, why haven't I got two squares?

I suppose you need more than 20 points to earn another square.:D

Hero999 said:
Aww, why haven't I got two squares?

I suppose you need more than 20 points to earn another square.:D

The square scale is calibrated in "dB" and will be logarithmic. :)

Thanks for such prompt attention to this, admins!

By the way, what software does this forum use? I like the look of it and may want something like this for a resource scheduling site I'm building.

It says what it is 'somewhere' - but it's VBulletin, a commercial package. If you want free?, try PHPBBS - which is what I use (and what used to be used here).

I hope you know there are problems with the rep system. You have to monitor rep to make sure people dont "trade" rep. We had this with a couple people, and they ended up with bans. Oh yea, how come I cant see My rep? Usually its in my CP.

There's a "latest reputation recieved" section in your CP but I assume you won't see it if you haven't recieved any. You can see how much reputation you have by clicking on the next to one of your posts.

Overclocked said:
I hope you know there are problems with the rep system. You have to monitor rep to make sure people dont "trade" rep. We had this with a couple people, and they ended up with bans. Oh yea, how come I cant see My rep? Usually its in my CP.

Isn't it only make sense that people are trading rep because higher "rep" brings additional benefit or privilege on a certain board? Perhaps they can access areas that normal members can't like download of files etc...

These are strong incentives for people.

On this board, there is nothing of this sort right to this very moment(is it?) and I think it would be better for it to stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back