Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excellent work by the Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Billy Mayo is still around?
He made for some entertaining reading.

What country is he posting from ?

https://ip-lookup.net/

Also, if he has been banned from the forum and is continuing to sign up and make a nuisance of himself, you can ask his ISP to sort it. We've done this in the past with banned trolls who just won't give up. A reminder to their ISP that they are breaching their T&C's often put an end to their trolling.

Hey, maybe he needs his own forum? e.g. Billy Mayo (read/reply at your own risk).

i.e He can only post there. It would save everyone trouble.

I think "outside the box". Give him a Sticky note. "This thread is specifically for a member that has been banned in the past. We are trying a new idea here, by giving him a single thread/forum to post into. If you like the entertainment aspect, by all means post. If you don't place it on your ignore list. We think it's going to be a win-win for everybody. For fun, you could always place a "survey" in the thread. e.g. Thread survey. a) Has merit. b) No value at all etc.

After you "know" him he is really pretty easy to spot. His writing/question style never seems to change. But asking HIM a question is the easy way to spot him, never an answer to a question about what he's doing, or thinking. Then the real 'tell' comes when he brings in the avionics blueprints.

I love when he asks why a co-worker is doing something this way or that way.

Yep, in the 60's , such questions for a "friend" were usually something like, "my friend's girlfriend..." The answer to Billy today should not be that much different. ;)

John

He was back here again this week, i reported him this morning and the thread is gone this afternoon. He has been allowed to rejoin over at Electronics Point forum under the name "willwatts". The mods allow him to only have one thread open at a time as long as he behaves himself. He also has a tagline on his posts telling who he is. I dont think he is doing avionics any longer, he has been asking questions about doing a resume and also about what a RF test technician job is.

Also a frequent poster here "Vead" has obtained troll status over there and is close to being banned.

Last edited:
You know I often think about the whole Billy Mayo saga.

I mean, an obviously desperate Guy who is in waaaaaaay over his head. In order for him to do the job he "qualified" for...needs help from forums...
And then the Guys from one drop him. Not quick enough for him. So he joins another. And then banned there and starts another and another and another.

Eventually, all the Forums on the Net know him. They all recognize him as a leech that sucks Forum knowledge dry....and stays stupid. And wastes everyones time in the process.

What a start he has made for himself in life.

Last I heard...he had left the Aeroplane thing...and was fixing old tv's....I can help eradicate the pest easily there. Zap here, zap there...bug gone.

Just saying
tvtech

Last edited:
Today I saw his new thread with the new name (he is so obvious) then I looked at my notepad about all his names then I also reported him. I am glad to see that he is not destroying the guidance circuits on old airplanes anymore and is doing TV repairs instead. But he knows nothing about TVs.

The easiest way to discourage the Billy Mayo types is to ignore them. That is easy for some, and not so easy for others.

You could ban the whole block of IP addresses, but if he is spoofing his IP, then who knows who else has ran into your wall (the block of IP addresses).

I guess tvtech will be busy now that Billy is doing tv repairs. j/k tvtech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back