Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

examples of LIGHT ACTIVATED DEVICES? can u help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoevicRoi

guys, we have an assignment, that is to find examples of light activated devices.....can u give me some examples?

Have you found any examples yourself?
If so, what are they?

JimB

Parking lot or building exterior security lights?

I'm not sure, so far what i have found are LASCR, LADIAC, LATRIAC, Phototransistor.....something like this....can u guys give me some more examples ?

So, you are looking for individual components, rather than finished equipments which are activated by light?

JimB

The new LED streetlights in my city are activated and have their brightness adjusted with an RF modem on each one.
The old streetlights were activated by a photocell which kept a light turned on all day by a bird dropping.

There is a shopping mall near my home that 6 weeks ago had its parking lot in the dark for a couple of hours after sunset because the lights are controlled by a stupid clock that knows nothing about the seasons affect on sunset times. Now the parking lot lights are turned on when it is still sunny.

Add "photo-diode" to your list. A glass diode like a 1N4148 is also affected by light. An LED is also affected by light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back