Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO member attends Kettering University

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
This is a bit old but still interesting in that one of our 'kids' has made it to a top engineering UNI for a double major in EE and computer engineering.

We should not take too much credit in that a few members here picked on him and drove him away. A very very good reason for the no disrespect rule! Thanks EM. Just shows it is hard to keep a good kid down.

Go Keenan!

EDIT: I want to add that we have one member now in his last term of high school in the US and another in the UK who will be doing so next year. We can make a difference.

Well, it looks as though he has done a LOT of growing up in that case.

I remember the person in question as a rather obnoxious spoilt child.

If we have made a difference, then some of that difference could be that he learned a few "life lessons".

Just my opinion.

JimB

hi H,
Thanks for posting that information.

I fully support the no disrespect rules, some of the older members are too quick in putting down 'kids'.

I agree we do make a difference by helping younger people with their technical queries.

E.

Thanks Eric,

We also have one member in his last term of HS and one with 3 terms to go. Bot have indicated an interest in EE. I am sure there are others that I do not know as well or have slipped my mind.

@JimB
Maybe with some luck the members who drove him off have done some growing up too. We all have the option of adding members to the ignore list and it should be used in place of putting other people down.

In the end it was ETO's loss.

Last edited:
Hi,

I always try to help when possible. I've been able to help several students from this site and other sites and some of them went to college after an EE degree also and i cant help feel good about that. Some of those kids will be the next world's greatest engineers, and i take a little pride in knowing that i helped at least a little.

3v0!! This threw me a little..

ETO member attends Kettering University

I come from Corby Northants, England originally.... 8 miles from Kettering !!! I thought!! " There's no Uni in Kettering" :D:D:D

I was in Kettering yesterday (and used to work at the Tandy store in Corby / Kettering / Wellingborough and Northampton)

Small world ....

I was in Kettering yesterday (and used to work at the Tandy store in Corby / Kettering / Wellingborough and Northampton)

Small world ....

Did YOU see a Uni....

Yes.. Small world I've bought items from Tandy in corby... ( I come from Weldon actually).

Anyway.. enough of us brits hijacking Keenans limelight... Well done.....

Last edited:

Small world ....

And my brother used to have the pub at Bulwick ( just outside of Corby ) ----- getting smaller all the time

I am not familiar with this member. How long ago was he around?

Anyway, congratulations to him!

Last edited:
Wish I could understand this thread.

one day i will be at uni studying to be a EE and all that is thanks to ETO and all the help you give me, i dont do much electronics at school but mum and dad are moving soon and my new school has better electronics so hopefully i will learn more, i learn better from reading proper books than from screen reading, dad found a good cheap book web site so i buy a book every time i have enough money but some are rely hard to understand

one day i will be at uni studying to be a EE and all that is thanks to ETO and all the help you give me, i dont do much electronics at school but mum and dad are moving soon and my new school has better electronics so hopefully i will learn more, i learn better from reading proper books than from screen reading, dad found a good cheap book web site so i buy a book every time i have enough money but some are rely hard to understand

I wish you the best of luck with your move and new school, LG. Don't go being a stranger now ;) We've missed you here!

Regards,
Matt

@Ian & Picbits.

It's not the Kettering in Northamptonshire, UK, it's Kettering in Flint, Michigan, US. ;)

Regards.

@Ian & Picbits.

It's not the Kettering in Northamptonshire, UK, it's Kettering in Flint, Michigan, US. ;)

Regards.

We know..... Nice to reminisce though.... Ahh my youth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back