Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

esc and lipo battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I thinking about buying this esc kit with motor.

https://www.amazon.com/abcGoodefg-B...ushless+motor+esc+servo+battery+kit+for+plane

but I have one question what kind of battery input do I need for the esc. On the esc they say input is Input: 2-4 LiPo or 5/12 NiMH. Will that work with this kind battery input (picture bellow). Also the esc has a yellow, red, brown wire (plugs for arduino), which one is signal wire, vin, and ground? I would appreciate any help.

1544320259858.png

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't understand your question. That's just a picture of a connector. If the one on your battery and ESC don't fit together, then just replace one or both of them so that they do.

My question is what kind of connector does the esc have. I need to find a connector that the esc will fit in so I need to know what kind of connector esc is. for example the battery connector I have is for xt60 will that work with the esc connector? Also How do I know the signal wire, vin wire, and the ground wire for the esc arduino connectors.

The two big thick wires are the battery. The three thick wires go to the motor and the thin wires to the arduino. Ground is normally denoted by being black.

Mike

Just buy it and try it. If it doesn't fit change them. You shouldn't limit your ESC or battery choices to something so inconsequential, variable, and easily replaceable as the connector. In fact, I recommend you search for a connector you do like and replace everything you have with them. Part of the reason is because you never know what connectors fit with what, even if they look like they might, or how to get a mating pair for an unknown connector the manufacturer used. Or the connectors might be right but the polarities are wrong. Another reason is because a lot of connectors are crap.

Just be wary of motor wires specifically...you can't solder or crimp those since they are the enamel insulated magnet wire coming straight from the motor so don't snip the connector off. Carefully remove them so you retain the uninsulated wire ends so you can crimp or solder to them.

Last edited:
The few RC ESCs I've seen just have unterminated wires for power in, as they are often used in multiples and soldered to a distribution board. That board then has a separate power input cable and connector to go to the battery.

The connector you show is a standard type and seem pretty reliable.
They are readily available on ebay and I've used them for a few high-current things with lithium batteries.

There are two sizes, XT60 and XT90. (Supposedly 60A and 90A respectively). The XT90 a quite a bit bigger than the XT60.
(Also a rather smaller XT30, which I've never used).

Examples:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hello

I thinking about buying this esc kit with motor.

https://www.amazon.com/abcGoodefg-B...ushless+motor+esc+servo+battery+kit+for+plane

but I have one question what kind of battery input do I need for the esc. On the esc they say input is Input: 2-4 LiPo or 5/12 NiMH. Will that work with this kind battery input (picture bellow). Also the esc has a yellow, red, brown wire (plugs for arduino), which one is signal wire, vin, and ground? I would appreciate any help.

View attachment 115570

Thanks

The power conn3ctor in your link is a Deans Connector. You can either cut and solder an XT60 connector onto the ESC or buy an adapter (but that adds weight). Here is an adapter - you should make sure the Gender of each connector is correct. Search (Deans XT60 adapter) to find other gender options.

https://www.amazon.com/FPVDrone-Fem...4446847&sr=8-7&keywords=deans+to+xt60+adapter

Note that the ESC may be available with XT60 from another vendor (or even the same vendor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back