Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error check my schematic please (motor controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I just would like to have others look at this. There are always improvements to be made, and I'm no expert.

Stuff im not sure of:
-am I using any bad resistor values for LEDs and switches
-Proper regulator setup
-conflicts with pins on PIC chip (ie using pins as outputs or inputs where it will cause errors later)
-will the programming connection work here?

Connections used:
receiver# pins to connect to a RC radio receiver. Two power it and the other gets the signals.
the +18 pins connect to a pair of 9V rechargeable batteries.
motor 1 and 2 connect to the lines of one motor and motor 3 and 4 connect to the lines of a second.

Purpose of componenets:
One button is reset, the other will be used to calibrate the motor controller.
The LED's will show what calibration state it is in.
as a side note the plan is that the user will push it once and led 1 will light to indicate that you are calibrating the high side of channel 1, then you turn the channel 1 knob to what you want to be the high position and press the button, then led 1 and 2 light indicating that it is configuring the neutral position, and so on, it repeats for channel 2, this is very minimal interface I know, but it just needs to be enough that I have some idea where it is. Maybe I'll add more on the next version.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
WHat type of motor? Unipolar stepper?

This question:
* RECEIVER1-2 seems to be conected to nothing.
* What is connected to CON1? Serial cable to a computer?

Apart from that I cannot see anything particular wrong.

Oh, I'll clarify my explanation a little more;
Connections used:
receiver# pins to connect to a RC radio receiver. Two power it and the other gets the signals.
the +18 pins connect to a pair of 9V rechargeable batteries.
motor 1 and 2 connect to the lines of one motor and motor 3 and 4 connect to the lines of a second.
The motors are small DC motors, 9V 1.2A stall current.
The receiver pins will be connected to female servo connectors and will be plugged into an RC receiver, 1 and 2 connect to the systems +5 and GND lines, and into those lines respectively on the receiver.
CON1 is going to connect to a PIC programmer, the connections from left to right are VPP, +5V, GND, PGD, PGC

Last edited:
Oh, I'll clarify my explanation a little more;

The motors are small DC motors, 9V 1.2A stall current.
The receiver pins will be connected to female servo connectors and will be plugged into an RC receiver, 1 and 2 connect to the systems +5 and GND lines, and into those lines respectively on the receiver.
CON1 is going to connect to a PIC programmer, the connections from left to right are VPP, +5V, GND, PGD, PGC
Still doesn't clearify how the dc motors is wired up.

one is connected to output 1 and 2, the other is connected to 3 and 4. The polarity doesn't matter, this is a symmetrical H-bridge. Is there something specific you're trying to figure out here?
The physical connection is a awg 18 wire harness with a two pronged jacketed plug. There is no protection other than that shown here. The ports will be programmed so that one output will be at 0 volts and the other will have a PWM pulse that goes between 0 and around +12. For the opposite direction it flips sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back