Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Erased and protected PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
the closest i've come to destroying a PIC is sadistically ripping its pins off one by one, accidentally

Clyd3 said:
the closest i've come to destroying a PIC is sadistically ripping its pins off one by one, accidentally
I have never destroyed any PIC mechanically, only electrically. I handle them with great care :lol:

Mike said:
samcheetah wrote;
you actually drived a stepper directly with a PIC. and there were no driving transistors right?? wow

No I didn't directly drive the stepper motor coils... I used TIP122 Darlingtons... LOL!!!

Regards, Mike

oh okay. actually it looked to me as you directly connected it.

i have had no luck in blowing up a PIC. once one got a bit hot but i think the temperature didnt rise to the "burn your fingers and transfer the prints to the PIC" temperature :lol: i had a bit of bad luck once when i inserted the PIC backwards in a P16PRO40 programmer. the programmer doesnt works now :lol:

Meaby the transistor switching on the Vdd got overloaded and burned out.

I put in the ICSP cable backward a cuple of times so it got 13V on RB7.Luckuly it cant suply more than 1 mA of it so the internal didodes protected it.

My mom once killed an PIC whith ESD.Wearing wool and in winter are the perfect condidtons for staric to develop.Then i cont program it and i toght there is somting wrong whith the programer.But wen i replaced it whith an new PIC it worked.

Jay.slovak said:
I have never destroyed any PIC mechanically, only electrically. I handle them with great care :lol:
well I certainly have!!!
nanananana...
I am wondering if i should, so i never do or something,
no

actually, it / they broke because / when I got nervous, started shaking, and was trying to pull em out the socket... (sorry 4 off topic)

Clyd3 said:
actually, it / they broke because / when I got nervous, started shaking, and was trying to pull em out the socket... (sorry 4 off topic)
Well good tweezers are a key to save removal of IC's :lol: I used screwdriver technique before but I damaged some IC's, but with good tweezers I damaged none :D

i just hope those ics you damaged werent pics jay, or you're a subconscious lieer dude hahahha

Clyd3 said:
i just hope those ics you damaged werent pics jay, or you're a subconscious lieer dude hahahha
lol ofcourse no... it was some 4017s and 555s in pre-PIC era and few MCP41010s (digital pots) in PIC era :lol:

thank god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back