Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I'm having a little trouble finding an old transformer replacement for my boat radio. The old one is impossible to find and even contacted the manufacturer and they have no data sheets on it. That said, I do know that its primary voltage is 120V and the dual output secondary is 4.7V and 15V. I am guessing that the VA rating isn't super critical because it doesn't draw much current at all. Does anyone know of a close equivalent?

Thanks all.

I have a junk box full of old transformer-based wall-warts (AC, DC and some regulated) that came from thrift shops. I could hand you one that is about 15Vrms at about 20VA and another that is 5Vrms at about 5VA. I routinely bust open the plastic case and build the transformer itself inside projects...

Hi All,
......boat radio. ..... primary voltage is 120V and the dual output secondary is 4.7V and 15V.....

Thanks all.
Your boat has 120VAC? Probably, some boat only have 12VDC

For the secondary; that 4.7 & 15V, is that measured on the transformer pins? (AC) or measured after the diodes and filter caps? (DC)
There is that 1.414 difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back