Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EQ Driven Stepper Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q__Hybrid

This time I've got an actually feasible concept:

I want to use multiple audio signals to control a series of stepper motors.

Hypothetical: A band is performing and the drums are driving a stepper motor, the guitar is driving another stepper motor, the lead vocals are driving another stepper motor, etc.

I would like the actual waveform of the audio on each channel to drive the direction and the speed of the motor being driven, whereby the amplitude of the wave controls speed and the oscillation of the wave controls direction.

The motors would be put in an armature so that they are arranged in series, like a worm.

Do I need alot of digital logic to make this work or would it be possible to make it without micros?

Thanks,
+Q__

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back