Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eprom question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HondaHacker

is there a replacement for an eprom chip? id like to use some kind of usb or something to be able to by pass eprom chip all together since i dont have a burner

reason: honda ecu hacking you replace one of the chips with eprom chip that you put your tune on for your car. if the tune isnt exactly how you want it. you have to re burn the chip. alot of times people add parts, more boost (turbo) bigger injectors or whatever. sometimes they always have to change there tune. or play with other options you can change with a tunable honda ecu.

any help at all would be great. thanks in advance

(sorry never posted on this page before. if im in the wrong section i apologize)

is there a replacement for an eprom chip? id like to use some kind of usb or something to be able to by pass eprom chip all together since i dont have a burner

reason: honda ecu hacking you replace one of the chips with eprom chip that you put your tune on for your car. if the tune isnt exactly how you want it. you have to re burn the chip. alot of times people add parts, more boost (turbo) bigger injectors or whatever. sometimes they always have to change there tune. or play with other options you can change with a tunable honda ecu.

any help at all would be great. thanks in advance

(sorry never posted on this page before. if im in the wrong section i apologize)

Hi, and welcome to the forum.:)
Yes, I think you got the correct section...

EEPROMs are widely available, but come with various interfaces - SPI - I2C etc. There aren't USB EEPROMs though, and your Honda will not be able to interface to an USB device.

There are 'burners' available but they tend to be somewhat pricey. A cheap way would be to use a microcontroller to write to an EEPROM. That, however, is a learning curve and would take a while to climb...

All that aside, you would need to know the format the data on the EEPROM is in. Data is stored in hex format..... Not to discourage you, but this is not a trivial thing, I don't think.

There is a chance that using a EEPROM in any car could be disastrous. A power surge or battery failure may wipe out the data, unless you use an EPROM or USB drive to restore the program. Also, what voltage ranges are the sensors feeding the ECU?
I suggest replacing the ECU with a factory device or aftermarket, pop-in EPROM. This challenge is not simple for anyone, including Honda designers.

well they already make kits to put a plug in eprom chip and a usb cable onto the ecu. only problem is you have to have the burner for the eprom chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back