Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enter this topic , of necessity

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsadiq

hi everybody , i wanna understand the logic of this short code , i think it's easy for members who are skilled in assemply language for pic

;*** Capture guard timer ( 1 milisecound )

movlw d'2'

movwf g_time1

g_loop1 movlw d'124'

movwf g_time2

g_loop2 nop

decfsz g_time2,f

goto g_loop2

decfsz g_time1,f

goto g_loop1

alsadiq said:
hi everybody , i wanna understand the logic of this short code , i think it's easy for members who are skilled in assemply language for pic

;*** Capture guard timer ( 1 milisecound ) This is a comment - ignored by averything but the person who reads it

movlw d'2' W register contains the decimal value 2

movwf g_time1 Copy the W register to the variable g_time1

g_loop1 movlw d'124' W register now contains the decimal value 124

movwf g_time2 Copy the W register to g_time2

g_loop2 nop nop means "no operation" - this line just marks g_loop2 as a loction in the code

decfsz g_time2,f decrements the variable g_time2 by 1. Skips the next line if g_time2=zero

goto g_loop2 jumps back to the line g_loop2 nop

decfsz g_time1,f decrements the variable g_time1 by 1. Skips the next line if g_time1=zero

goto g_loop1 jumps back to the line g_loop1 movlw d'124'

The above is a simple delay routine if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back