Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enquiry on building a robotic flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRC

what i mean here is i am trying to build a project on flower blooming using micro controller..

do any1 have any ideas to help ? like how to start with it.. i am completely new with the robotics thing... thank you very much

well, are you planning to use servo motors or stepper motors?

Stepper motors are easier to interface to any microcontroler and are rather accurate, while servo's I know very little about. Servo's are more analog.

k7michal said:
well, are you planning to use servo motors or stepper motors?

Stepper motors are easier to interface to any microcontroler and are rather accurate, while servo's I know very little about. Servo's are more analog.

'Easier' is a very imprecise term - a servo requires just one I/O pin, and no hardware at all, and it's easy to program from a PIC. A stepper require 4 I/O lines, plus external hardware to drive the stepper motor, it's programming requirements are also easy - probably about the same as a servo.

Personally I would consider that makes a servo easier - and it's certainly likely to be for this project - much easier mechanically.

I should get hold of a servo to play with k7michal, all they need is a variable width pulse and they move to a position represented by that pulse, so they give you accurate positioning - a stepper has much less power (for it's size), and if it misses a step you've no idea where it is afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back