Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy to a light blub, very basic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a very cheap Chinese fluorescent fixture. Its heavy ballast was made in the US, was shipped half-way around the world to be screwed into the Chinese fixture (steel also from the US?) then the finished product was shipped another half-way around the world to me. Nobody made profit except the boat owner.

It flickers like crazy for a few minutes when it is cool. Stamped on its ballast it says, "operate at temperatures above 65 degrees F". I like my workshop to be cool so it is 68 degrees F. Somebody cheated on the temperature spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back