Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enclosure/Case for my LED sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab508

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you could suggest some ideas for an enclosure/case for an LED sign I'm almost finished building for my mother for christmas (yes, it'll be late haha). I've built it on an 8.5x6in perf board, and I really have no ideas on how to mount it. I'll need to make room for a small single-pole switch, and the plug in for the DC power adapter.
Here are pictures of the front and back, it's not quite finished (still need to put in the LEDs for the top of the tree). I also held off on connecting the bus wires until I knew how I was going to mount it.

Thanks in advance!

- Chris

EDIT: Also any comments, criticism, or advice on the overall build are very welcome, as I plan on making another one of these soon.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Enclosures can be expensive, especially one large enough for your board size. If I were doing you project, I would just mount it on a piece of wood maybe with routed edges. Like a plaque. It would be cheap and you'd get to show off all your handy work.

Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back