Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurupt

Part of our project at school is to send a signal down a line that has an embedded clock in it. We have to do this so we are only using one cable to send the signal.

My question is, at the recieving end of the line, how do we remove the embedded clock from the signal. We have to do everything as a simple and cheap as possible so we're not allowed to use PIC's or a microcontroller's. The signal is a machester encoded signal which has an embedded clock in it.

Anything will help cause we're pretty lost.
Some reference material we could take a look at would be nice too.

Thanks

Anything at all will help.

Does anyone know of a site or something where we can read up more on manchester signals. So far we havn't found anything too helpful for our situation.

Kurupt said:
Anything at all will help.

Does anyone know of a site or something where we can read up more on manchester signals. So far we havn't found anything too helpful for our situation.

A google search finds loads of info, it's just a question of shifting through it!.

We can shift through it ok, but how do we get a clock signal out of it. Shift through it and then do what???

So far all I can find when I do a search is stuff on what manchester encoding is, not how to extract the clock from it. A site would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back