Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Email using sim800L module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman Singhal

Hi,

So basically what i want is a system where i simply use a gsm module like sim800l module and whenever there is a trigger i want the module to send an email to a particular person now there are 2 ways in which this can be done :

- First is that i use the inbuilt functionality of the gsm module to access my gmail account and then send an email through it ( which btw i tried a lot but didn't worked for me )

- Second is that i use some sort of an api or something (IFTTT maybe) which can get an HTTP GET or HTTP POST command and in return, it sends an email to a person.

Solutions for both methods are welcome. Please help its urgent.

I do it by using a PHP script on one of my servers, the SIM800 connects to the PHP script, which uploads the readings to a MYSQL database, and also emails the data to a number of different addresses (the addresses of which are stored in another MYSQL table). I never even looked into sending emails directly, as I need to write to the MYSQL database anyway, and doing it all via PHP scripts allows you to make most changes server side, rather than in the SIM800 programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back