Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elon Musk debuts the Tesla Powerwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

From what i have read now there is a smaller unit available, and it is rechargeable a lot more times, like 5000 vs only 500 times.

I dont think we can rely on the power companies to sell back power because they will not like that. If everyone did that they would not make any money, and that will lead to cuts in the buy-back price. Someone mentioned infrastructure, which we would have to analyze to figure out how much of the cost actually went for that. If it was significant, then we're beat.

This is still such a new area for our civilization. Changes are bound to happen over and over again until something emerges that actually works, or we keep trying forever until we die off.

I'm using a traditional lead-acid (using flooded golf-cart cells for maybe a 1000 cycles) system to store daily solar energy so a low cost solution would be great. The 10-kilowatt-hour Powerwall backup was a expensive solution looking for a problem. Elon Musk is now in the battery business, the cars and Powerwalls are products to sell batteries. I hope the man can get it done.

Need big Balls to push boundaries. Not for the weak/rubber back folks.

Big big stuff. Not little here, little there. EVERYTHING or nothing. Balls to the wall or nothing.

tv

Need big Balls to push boundaries. Not for the weak/rubber back folks.

Big big stuff. Not little here, little there. EVERYTHING or nothing. Balls to the wall or nothing.

tv

There's plenty of room for experimental scale systems to push the boundaries of what's possible for small scale RE systems, especially for low power (<1KW) third-world applications that sip power using an existing Lead-based battery infrastructure optimized for energy storage systems.

I'm doing some visualization experiments to capture and control complex RE system parameters using micro-controllers combined with 'fuzzy logic' expert systems to optimize energy storage and utilization automatically. It's primitive stuff when compared to Tesla's BMS systems but it's something that might we useful for a very low cost system like mine.
Cell Phone.

I'm using a traditional lead-acid (using flooded golf-cart cells for maybe a 1000 cycles) system to store daily solar energy so a low cost solution would be great. The 10-kilowatt-hour Powerwall backup was a expensive solution looking for a problem. Elon Musk is now in the battery business, the cars and Powerwalls are products to sell batteries. I hope the man can get it done.

I just seen the rocket booster landing, all I can say is WOW!!!!

If it can be done he has my "vote" for someone with the ability and knowledge enough to pick a winner.

KV

I guess that says' it all. Another adopted and left behind Tech.

kv.

Echo:

We shouldn't go green till we can get rid of the current garbage we have created and now need to spend millions to store and millions on healthcare risk.

Why should I care. I don't have the millions to lose going green. I just have to pay my fair share for creating it. Wait, what part of that is my fair share?

You and I are paying a lot more than our fair share like the 7500 of our tax money the FED shovels on people who buy one of Tesla's cars..... and if you are in california there are more taxpayer welfare incentives not to mention a free pass into the car pool lanes which are the only paved surfaces with vehicles moving on our freeways.

And just wait until Jerry starts spending many billions building charging stations to feed cars that will never make up more than a couple of percent of the total share of cars on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back