Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELK VIKING 103 Guitar amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

HI Guys.
I'm in need of a schematic for this Solid state guitar amplifier.
Someone's been in here and really messed things up. Any help will be much appreciated!!
Maybe another ELK solid state schematic will be close enough if you're willing to share.
Thank you!

HI Guys.
Someone's been in here and really messed things up. Any help will be much appreciated!!
Maybe another ELK solid state schematic will be close enough if you're willing to share.
Thank you!
Hi DD,

here is some information that may be of interest, but the Viking 103 amplifier is not specifically listed: **broken link removed**.

The Viking 103 is a guitar amp rather than a bass amp?

spec

Just a long shot (front end only):

elk_vbk135_amp_part._sch.pdf_1.png

Hi DD,

afraid, as you have already found from other sites, there is no circuit diagram available for the ELK Viking 103 guitar amplifier.

What part of the amplifier has the problems- is it just the power output power amplifier or power supplies?

spec

Thank you!
Hi HT- you have the same problem as the OP, DD.

Like I said, there does not appear to be a schematic available for the Viking 103. I did a fairly extensive search, on line and other sources.

The thing is that the power amplifier and power supplies are normally the vulnerable parts of a guitar amplifier and luckily they are the simplest area too.

So as I have already asked DD what is the problem specifically with your guitar amplifier.

If you just want the schematic you will have to trace it out from the amplifier you have- that is what I would do.

spec

A friend repairs musical electronic equipment, mostly guitar and bass amplifiers and the most common problem is a blown power amplifier stage. Quite often that also takes out the power supply as well.

He says he dreads working on equipment where someone has already had a go at fixing the problem. He says that inevitably they cause more damage than the original fault- lifted/cracked printed circuit traces is common.

In many cases, a repair is simply not economical. In other cases he replaces the original power amplifier with a complete modern power amplifier and inevitably the amplifier sounds better than the original and is far more reliable.

spec

Last edited:
HI
This one doesn't have any IC's. All transistors.
Hi DD,

When I said that my friend replaces the complete power amplifier I was not referring to any integrated circuits necessarily. He replaces the complete amplifier electronics from the pre amplifier output to the speaker output with a complete amplifier board made from discrete parts.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back