Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eliminating the "roger" beep in walkie talkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking you can't not without modifying the electronics, and if you don't know exactly what you're doing it's not a good place to start learning.
Basically what you need to do is instead of sending the audio straight to the speaker it has to go to a buffer so that when the receiver detects the end of transmision tone it can cut it off before it occurs (by using the buffer) This will produce a lag in the transmitted signal that is unavoidable.

Last edited:
Sceadwian, it isn't clear by your reply, but I think you misunderstood the OP.

I do not believe he wished to disable the RECEIVED roger beep, but rather the one on his own radio.

This would generally be the simple clipping of a jumper wire or a dedicated transistor.

If the OP can supply his radio models, while I may not be familiar with his model I have access to sites with schematics that may be fruitful.

Hey thanks for the responnses. I want to eliminate it on both ends, and figured out if you turn on power while holding the up (+) channel button down it disables it.

Hey thanks for the responnses. I want to eliminate it on both ends, and figured out if you turn on power while holding the up (+) channel button down it disables it.

Yes, often an embedded function will disable an optional feature like a end-of-transmission tone. Good for you.

BTW, if you eliminate it in the transmitter, it automatically eliminates it in the receiver of the other radio because it isn't there to receive. So if you disable both of your walkie-talkies you will be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back