Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elektor Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kssoin

Hi Folks,
Does anybody in this forum have an old issue of this magazine?.
(December 1984.)
I need the circuit diagram published in this mag. The circuit is "Give your soldering iron a longer Life"

Regards
kssoin

I think that I vaguely remember that topic, and it was simply having a 1N4007 or 1N5408 diode switched in series with the soldering iron while on standby.

It only works with the standard 110 or 240 Volts directly connected irons.

Now these days most very active electronics hobbiests have temperature controlled irons.

This article in question is different. It uses a triac to control a 220 V /25-35 Watt iron. It uses a 40xx timer/counter which increases the firing delay when a micro switch is pressed when you put the iron on the stand. This keeps the iron just hot(There is a pot to adjust this). As you lift the iron it reduces the firing delay and the iron heats up to soldering temp(There is another pot to adjust this)
The counter is so setup that firing delays start at the zero crossing of the mains.
Will Appreciate if some one can send me a scan of this circuit.
Regards
kssoin

Last edited:
Ok, sorry I thought it was a different set up.

I maintain for standard 220 or 240 Volts irons just a diode and parrallel switch are often adequate.

When the diode conducts only 0.707² x the power is available. It keeps the iron warm enough for a quick recovery when full power is required.

Hi Folks,
Does anybody in this forum have an old issue of this magazine?.
(December 1984.)
I need the circuit diagram published in this mag. The circuit is "Give your soldering iron a longer Life"

Regards
kssoin
ELEKTOR.com ? Platform for electronics and microcontrollers can extend you a photostat copy of the entire article at a nominal cost. It appears from the elektor forum, that some one already offered you the article
. If so why ask for it again here karanbir !

ELEKTOR.com ? Platform for electronics and microcontrollers can extend you a photostat copy of the entire article at a nominal cost. It appears from the elektor forum, that some one already offered you the article
. If so why ask for it again here karanbir !

Hi mvs,

I couldn't find a post like you mentioned.

Anyway it will be difficult to find Elektor articles older than from 1996.

My entire Elektor library fell victim to my ex fiance who burned them all (from 1979 to date).

Boncuk

Hi mvs,

My entire Elektor library fell victim to my ex fiance who burned them all (from 1979 to date).

Boncuk
they have published many a time they would provide a photocopy of any article starting from UK No1 issue. they also indicated in thisr replies
mean time the OPs post is there in the elektor.com and some one replied that he was ready to offer that article
our member had not replied for some time and of late he had re registered his name, with a small change. see thios link
**broken link removed**

Hi mvs,

Boncuk

That is not something that can be left unexplained!!!!
Do go on :eek:

Hi MVS,
yes i m on the elektor forum. I had started the search for this article in 2006. aonther member had written abt this. I lost contact and now i have startd search again. I have requested again, have not received a reply.
Thanks.

Kssoin:)

Hi MVS,
yes i m on the elektor forum. I had started the search for this article in 2006. aonther member had written abt this. I lost contact and now i have startd search again. I have requested again, have not received a reply.
Thanks.

Kssoin:)
This was published in India in the month of January 1985. unfortunately my copy could not be located.
let me try from a friend of mine who may, most likely, have it

Hello MVS,
I had through feedback link on elektor forum requested for this article. They have sent me scans of the article. Thanks for your concern. Its a pity this mag is not published in India any more.
Bye
Karanbir

Hello MVS,
I had through feedback link on elektor forum requested for this article. They have sent me scans of the article. Thanks for your concern. Its a pity this mag is not published in India any more.
Bye
Karanbir
That is great of Elektor
Indian publisher had some issues with UK management, i fear. how ever, as per todays access with internet and elektor selling on line edition, i never have any problem\
the October2009 issue was well in my hands before 21st September
Of course we pay little more.
it is OK . being a retied person I am able to afford that cost to have a good time pass with hobby. I believe many people can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back