Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elektor May 1996 64-Channel Analyser, I need Control Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markscotford

I built this project back in 1996 and used it for a special project we were working on at the time, and it performed perfectly. Unfortunately it has sat in a box ona shelf since then and because I have changed PC's many times since then, I have mislaid the control software for the item. The S/W in question is DOS based "LA.EXE" and "HWTEST.EXE" does anybody as old as me have this I can grab a copy from please? From new member Mark Scotford in Spain

If the software is from 1996 then it might not work with modern systems and might need Windows 95 to function. At school we have a CNC lathe built around that time and the software will only run on a Win 95 machine.

Mike.
Edit, or DOS. Does DOS even exist anymore?

If the software is from 1996 then it might not work with modern systems and might need Windows 95 to function. At school we have a CNC lathe built around that time and the software will only run on a Win 95 machine.

My son-in-law still collects XP machines, to use for spares to keep old (multi-million Euro) machines running at the University where he's a technician. I think one of the old machines is for making integrated circuits?.

Sounds a good idea, seeing as their latest multi-million Euro machine has never even worked since it was installed about two and a half years ago - the installers have tried, the German manufacturers have tried, the American designers have tried, and I think they even had a Japanese team trying as well.

It didn't help that the technician in charge of the machine (not my son-in-law, or my daughter) couldn't get any replies to emails to the German manufacturer.

Apparently her 'mistake' was not using her title (they won't reply to Miss, Mr. or Mrs.) and also using her Christian name - they won't reply to emails from women either.

So instead of Miss. Jane Smith (which the Germans completely ignore, you need to use Dr. J. Smith instead - which after all, is her title. Since my Dr. daughter took a technicians job a few more have done the same - it doesn't pay quite as well, but you can get a permanent contract, for a Doctor position you only get a 2 year contract, and can't work there again for 6 months after it runs out. My daughter also enjoys playing with those big machines :D

Mike.
It's still there, but hidden away :D

Mike.

You can use Oracle VM Virtual Box on a modern machine to run Win 95 or XP or 98
and install your program in that. Note for some applications real time performance
may cause issues, but I have used it to run many older programs, with very few problems.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back