Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics not my area advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytramp

Hi
i need advice on how to control the liquid level in four 25 lt water tanks which are all connected so same level across all four. When water level reaches a certain level i want the two 75 watt pond pumps to activate and when water level drops the pumps to stop so dont run dry.
Thought of using a reed float level switch which I already have but have realised this will make pumps splutter as will be switching on and off all the time. Then thought i could use a relay timer on/off controlled by the float switch. So when float switch is activated by rising water level it will activate the relay timer which will pump for required time may be 60 seconds.
Have look on line but there seems to be lots of choice but do not have required knowledge to design. I am extremly practical and safety minded and would really appreciate the opportunity to have imput from some one who knows their stuff. I.E. design and advice on where to purchase components
many thanks Joe in uk

Just for clarification, are the pumps filling or removing water from the tanks? For example when the tank level is low you want the pumps to fill the tanks or when the tank level is full you want the pumps to drain the tanks? Have you decided on a sensor(s)? Task like this frequently work better using two sensors rather than a timed process. There is currently a discussion on sensors for water level which can be found here.

Ron

Last edited:
I'm not sure of your location but you could try a general industrial supplier like Granger and look in their catalog, you'll find a broad selection of devices but nto so many as you might find online.

Grainger Industrial Supply

A float that works as you describe shouldn't cost anymore than 20-30 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back