Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Toothbrush..

Status
Not open for further replies.

valve

Hello Friends,
I am planning to build an electronic toothbrush for lazy as well as busy people. Not joking. Want to implement the same mechanism behind vehicle rain wipers, by using some gear motors,robotic hand and circuitry programmable micro controller based. Any design concepts:D

I am searching for a 32bit PIC. How'er the programming will be tough. Because each persons brushing style is different:D. There should be a user interface also I think...

I am searching for a 32bit PIC. How'er the programming will be tough. Because each persons brushing style is different:D. There should be a user interface also I think...

hi,
In case you dont know, there is a electric toothbrush already on the market.:)

Its smart, tells you how long to brush each side of your teeth, also if you are brushing to hard.

Look here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...=aps&hvadid=6316849031&ref=pd_sl_5mxqlkxcp8_e

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-So...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1220010842&sr=8-1

Last edited:
hi,
In case you dont know, there is a electric toothbrush already on the market.:)

Its smart, tells you how long to brush each side of your teeth, also if you are brushing to hard.

Well, is it better to have one competitor,eric?

Well, is it better to have one competitor,eric?

Competition is good, but they have a good lead over you.

Your toothbrush must do something new and novel.
To get a new commercial product on the market takes a lot of resources.

If you feel you have a novel idea, register it etc and approach a toothbrush manufacturer. Before you do that, check for existing patents on the idea.

Your toothbrush must do something new and novel.
To get a new commercial product on the market takes a lot of resources.

If you feel you have a novel idea, register it etc and approach a toothbrush manufacturer. Before you do that, check for existing patents on the idea.

And, in the U.S., your idea must "not have been obvious to one of ordinary skill in the [science]."

I have heard that patents are a money sink unless you sell more than $12 megabucks worth of your product per year.

And, in the U.S., your idea must "not have been obvious to one of ordinary skill in the [science]."

I have heard that patents are a money sink unless you sell more than $12 megabucks worth of your product per year.

hi,
This is a common problem with patents, you need the financial muscle to protect them else you are easy meat.

There is used to a magazine called Research Disclosure where you could publish new ideas and get some level of protection.
Dont know if it still exists.

Googled:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi,
This is a common problem with patents, you need the financial muscle to protect them else you are easy meat.

There is used to a magazine called Research Disclosure where you could publish new ideas and get some level of protection.
Dont know if it still exists.

Googled:
**broken link removed**

Hi, Mr. G. . .

I heard of a guy who thought up an invention and he was producing it and making some money.
A large company stole his idea and then sued him for infringing on their patent.

In general, the "Captains of Industry" are supposed to suffer from this:
https://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
so I guess it is to be expected.

If you get Statutory Invention Registration for $10 or so, they can still steal your idea but at least they can't sue you for infringement.

I can't imagine anything else that could be done with a toothbrush. They pulsate, vibrate, light-up, play MP3 files, time you, "ultrasonic clean", self dispense toothpaste... Aside from some manufacture taking your idea from a Google search, there are some medical and safety considerations. Not only must your design conform to some standards (I would hope), but you need to make sure it can't be mis-used, and cause injury. It's a very risky project, too many people looking to snatch up your profits, mostly lawyers...

Stands problem on it's head...

Tooth-brush cleans mouth but what keeps tooth-brush clean...
is a quick rinse under the faucet really a good way of keeping something sterile?

Biometrics is another unexplored area.. everyone in the house has their own bristle attachment but how do you stop them from using yours?

Last week I just bought an electrical toothbrush for $3 and that means the shop still did make money on it

I coudn't believe the price but it was not an mistake

Robert-Jan

:D Smells bad.You all have to brush up ur teeths once more! Thats y I want to tell I'm not going to implement a handy electronic toothbrush as what already in the market, and I dont think that its going to be a successful product. In our busy world we r not getting much time to clean up our teeths...so my application will be a complete brushing station with a robotic hand and face detection technology! People can use it daily if they want or most applicable will be to use weekly on a sunday. Just insert ur face into the machine. thats all! It will detect automatically and do cleaning with paste,mouthwash etc...On monday u will be going to office with a white,glittering set of teeth..Again u can lead a lazy brushing for one week. It will be a complete dental solution!!!Ahh.....What's the problem with most of our teeth is that we r leading a lazy brushing for months and months..correct? So this weekly tooth brushing station can easily find customers on developed countries. And regarding patent and all, once we register a patent for our implementation, stealing is not possible I think. The brushing station will be introduced on market after getting a valid patent only.

Go ahead, design it and make your millions.

Seems like a novel idea! But you have to give guaranty for your new product..otherwise chance is there for losing your teeth!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back