Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Relay Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuman51086

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a solid state relay to control the triggering of a circuit. The load is ~300V DC with a very low current. Therefore, I'm using a Panasonic Photomos relay ( AQY210EH , datasheet plus specs here: Panasonic | Relays, Switches and Indicators | Relays | PCB Solid State Relays (SSR) | PCB Mounting SIL, DIL & SMT |AQY210EH)

My problem is that I can't get the relay to turn on? Typical relays I've worked with has the control input just a a voltage, but I've tried applying a voltage, a current (from the specs and higher), and nothing turns on the relay.

Has anyone had any experience using these relays? Or has any suggestions for alternatives? Ideally I would want it to be able to control the relay from TTL logic source.

Thanks!

You did use a resistor in series with the input LED, right? You need a resistor (just like if turning on a visible LED) to limit the current. The Vf of the LED is ~1.6V, and the desired current is 30 to 50mA. The value of the resistor depends on the source voltage...

Hiya,

Yes I put a resistor in series, calculated so it provides anywhere between 10-50 mA (i'm using a variable psu right now). No dice. Tried a 2nd relay chip and didn't do anything either.

Is the desired forward current actually flowing in the LED? What kind of load are you trying to switch?

Thanks for the reply guys. Stupid me fried two of these by hooking it up in the beginning without a resistor before reading the datasheet carefully. =/

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply guys. Stupid me fried two of these by hooking it up in the beginning without a resistor before reading the datasheet carefully. =/

Thanks again!

I bet the LED didn't even smoke. (not enough time) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back