Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Metronome Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSpit

Hi all,

I've only been looking at circuits for several months now, and have come up with this circuit. However, I've come across some problems, and was wondering if anyone could help.

Firstly, the buzzer and lights flash/buzz too quickly. Is there a way of slowing them down without replacing the VR? I've tried putting a resistor just under the VR, but to no effect. Can anyone help?

Also, I've realised that the buzzer sounds on every second flash of LED. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

Thank you very much all for your time and help,

SuperSpit.

Attachments

• Metronome 1.JPG
    Metronome 1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 160
Larger resistances on R3-R4, and probably VR1 as well. By the way two of your capacitors are marked as Q1 and Q2, it should be C1 and C2, because the Q1 and Q2 labels overlap your NPN and PNP transistors.

Thanks very much, I'll get to work as soon as I can, I'll let you know how I get on.

Can anyone else help with getting the buzzer to sound as both LEDs flash?

Why are you doing this with transistors out of curiosity? Using ICs will decrease your component count and generally enhance the entire circuit, though more information on exactly what your intentions are would help.

Well, I've only been doing electronics for a couple of months now, and as a result, I still haven't got my head around ICs. At the moment my intentions are to build a simple electronic metronome circuit, with two flashing LEDs, and the buzzer to go off when each LED flashes.

I did a bit of browsing and found out about multivibrator circuits. That's what I have tried to incorporate into this circuit.

Just curious to find out how it works and all that.

Thanks again for your time,

SuperSpit

P.S. Would the circuit below solve my problems?

Attachments

• Metronome 2.JPG
    Metronome 2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 146
I'd say yes. You would get a click on either LED conducting. Good work.
To slow down the clicking you can increase the capacitors value to 20uf or 25uf.

a better method

Might as well jump into IC's. They are easier than you think. Espicially with the 6555 IC.
Here is a rough draft, resistor values need to be verifiedmetrone.PNG (output). maybe add a resistor to lower volume?
LOTS of room for adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back