Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic meter use in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic2050

hi to all
i am working on "electronic distance meter" project
this meter using in boat and when we turn it on it
measure the distance that moved in water same as kilometer counter
in cars for example when we move with boat for 100m the sensor
send digital singnal proportionate with this distance
now i need a sensor that do this,anybody know any sensor
or any low cost and cheap metode for measuring distance

thanks mr rb
i don't using of GPS because i want use of microcontroller to
other applications.
Use a GPS module with a serial output and a microcontroller with a UART. Then you can just read/interpret the GPS data and do other tasks with your micro as well...

I used a tiny motor with a propeller, which gives you speed, and then you'd have to integrate the output to get distance.

Use a GPS module with a serial output and a microcontroller with a UART. Then you can just read/interpret the GPS data and do other tasks with your micro as well...
hi and thanks
can you give more information about this method such as data sheet catalog
or other data...

I used a tiny motor with a propeller, which gives you speed, and then you'd have to integrate the output to get distance.

dear friend thanks for your idea but i think to this method i have problem to month motor because it most in to the water and in undulatory water may
destroy the motor.

There's 2 problems with that;
1. Boats are very often used against the flow of the water (or with it) so if there are any currents your readings can be WAY out.
2. The nature of the flow over the boat hull changes a lot depending on boat speed (planing etc) and angle of the boat (cargo etc) and cavitation effects. So you need a deep water sensor for the speed which is a real pain since it still doesn't solve problem 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back