Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic fuse circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsoupl

Where could i find a electronic circuit which will work as a fuse for ac voltage,from 100mA to 2A.Or knows one that can work as a fuse which works for any kind of current,by changing the price of a part!!
any suggestion will be well considered!!I need it for a project that was given to me!!

Hello, what voltage do you need it to be? Well any way I found this on**broken link removed** on www.Jameco.com if is a list of fuses that they carry some are even for a 250V .5 amp applacation. Hope this helps you. I think regular house outlets are around 120v but not sure on the ezact voltage and waterboilers, and central air uses 240v I think.

For AC possible to build a circuit with solid state relay (or two antiparalel thyristor with optotriac) a serial current sense resistor with comparator and flip-flop.

there are several ways to do it but if you need some help, you should first
provide more information. What is the operating voltage of the circuit, frequency, trip time etc.?

What type of "circuit" fuse do you want? What is the expected output to appear to its terminals? Should it just let the interval of current 100mA to 2A just pass?

Oh, and how does your input signal looks like? AC, or DC, or both (AC with DC offset), because it's critical to know: some circuits don't work for a DC signal, and other only work for it...

as i said an electronic ciruit using componets like relays or resistors or zener or plain diods for 25 to 220v AC in 50Hz for 100mA to 2A(this is the current that i want to cut!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back