Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic dice dual 7 segment Lcd display using PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yas1EC

Im looking for the written code to program a PIC 16f877A as an Electronic dice that display number (1 to ) on two seven segment displays.

1) on power on reset both seven segment display must show number one

2)Push button switch must be used to activate the dice roll sequence

3)when push button is pressed the seven segment display must go blank for 250ms and then roll sequence must be displayed with aproximitly 250ms per each display sequence.

4) If push button is not released then end of roll sequence the seven segment diplay must go blank.. The display must remain blank until the push button is released and thn the new random dice numbers must be displayed.

Using MPLAB code using PIC16f877A....

I. Did do everything and it took me a month, two days ago my compuer crashed and evrything gone, tawt I could maybe find internet cause really
Took me long to do it. Well since I cdnt find it and it has to be in by tomorrow, and the lecturer already told me it not his problem.
Maybe it th short cut but if I never tried it I wdnt hav asked anyone for it cause then I not larning anything out process.

I don't believe anything you have said.
If you had done some of the programming, you certainly would not be asking in terms of such vague detail, with absolutely no input from yourself.
I have done lots of dice projects and none of them come on with "1." If you had done some of the program it would be very easy to regurgitate some of the code.
Apart from this, I never produce a program without making a project and testing it in small steps and stages.
You have absolutely no idea how to go about things and your teacher should not be teaching you if he did advocate making a prototype before starting to write the code.
You have left it far too late to do anything.

It dnt matter as to belive or not caus logically the truth always far fetched and so did teachr say I was lying, I brought him th lap top and my notes and still said not his problm,my program never got the one, but it was working as a dice...
Ither thanks though and that the same reason why I can't do it over short time cause I struggled my ass off working from diff code. Thanks though. Gotta do it again next year so just concntrate on other subjects. It not lik I can jump it. So no point in lying but yp. Thanks

Oooohhh absolutely NOT!!! I suck at both... PRoUDly said it!!! Haha... Dnt worry next time maybe I will do spell check... Have awesome day, chow

Yas1EC, learn an important lesson from this: ALWAYS backup. DVDRW's are very cheap and you can store loads on them. Use Windows backup, or there are a number of free ones out there (Peter's backup is one I used a while back) and even some online backups, although you don't get much space for free. Remember "Data isn't safe until it exists in three places". You can even use xcopy/m for incremental backups.

Colin's right though, if you've done it once then you'll be able to do it again. It won't take you a month second time round cos you'll have learnt loads from doing it the first time.

Don't expect sympathy from your lecturer. He'll have heard all the excuses for not handing in homework on time, and he has no way of distinguishing between the truth and lies. If you really had a computer crash that lost everything, well it happens, but that's what backups are for. You may be able to get an extension if you can prove it is true, but the chances are your college has already explained that you need backups and may already have made provision, so you might just have to accept a zero score for this assignment and prove by the rest of your assignments that this was a one-off.

The fact that you never mentioned you have made a prototype leads me to believe you have produced NOTHING.
As I always told my class: What is the difference between a brain surgeon and a carpenter?

Two weeks.

You can learn anything and do anything in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back