Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hi. I am looking for an electronic compass that I can connect to a 16F877. So I need a compass whose output I can directly read from the PIC either in a parallel way or serially. Does anyone know any good products? Thanks.

That is alot closer to what I am looking for, however I would like to build one myself. Know of any good resources and information on how they work, etc.?

Do a search on HM55B in this thread. I posted the following at 5:17pm today.
I just bought the HM55B compass module and wonder if anyone has used it with a PIC? The module is a Parallax (#29123) product using a Hitachi HM55B compass chip. I downloaded some information one of which is code for use with an SX28 device which I am not familiar with.

Purchased from www.HobbyEngineering.com, $29.95 and there are links you can follow to get information - none came with the module.

Can anyone shed light on using this module with a PIC - any and all information and/or code is appreciated.

**broken link removed** includes information on how the module works plus a flow chart which I hope to use to develop a PIC program.

Bad Link. Try: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/02/PX-29123-2.pdf

Also try: https://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=29123 multiple info links

I think the resolution is 1.4 degrees.

Many thanks

Jess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back