Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Checkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Ok, here's the thing. I need to build an electronic checkers game.

Location system: I am going to use 32 bi-colored LED's to indicate the locations of the pieces. Let's say... the LED's are red and green. Player 1 is red, and player 2 is green. I want to have two 8-key keypad on both sides of the board to control where the pieces, (LED's) will go. I only need 32 led's because even though there are 64 spaces, there are only 32 that you can be on.

Control system: On the top and left side of the board, I'm going to have letters and numbers lined up with each space. Thus, the keypads. It will be laid out much like a battleship board, and the keypad keys will be labeled: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (for keypad 1) and A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H (for keypad 2). (So I'll need 4 keypads, two for player 1 and two for player 2.) You should get the idea. And sorry if that was too hard to understand. :oops:

I also need an LED on both sides of the board to tell the players whose turn it is. (LED 1 lights up when it's player 1's turn, and LED 2 lights up when it's player 2's turn.) Please tell me if there's something important that I'm forgetting about.

I'm guessing I'll probably have to use a pic chip for this. And even if I do... can someone give me some ideas please? Schematics? Or anything else? If it's even possible to create? :lol: Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks.

P.S. I'll probably draw up a picture and post it later, so that should help. :wink:

What ever happened to the electronic dice game ?

That your "N64 ruble chair" is reay simple but this wod need some comlicated logic!

Wel there is a transistor flip-flop but this needs more than flip-flops
:roll:

nettron1000 said:
What ever happened to the electronic dice game ?

:lol: So you keep track of my posts huh? Well, I'm still working on it, but I still can't figure out how to get the dual 7-segment thing worked out. So I think I may be going with the matrix type.

Hi, I am new here
How is your Electronic Checkers going on? I just plan to do the same things as your. Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm facing some problems in this projects. Can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back