Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic CAD programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Hi all,

Can any one out there give me some advise as to which Windows or Linux based Computer Aided Design programs they can recommend for designing PCB layouts, and possibly be able to test the circuit as well?.
I'm not looking for something very advanced, just a program that will enable me to design 2 layered boards, with the possibility of having an overlay for me to screen print onto the boards as well.

Any help would be apreciated.

Best regards.

Impact

To test your circuits (simulation), you can use B2Spice which has facilty to directly import Eagle files for simulation. However Demo version does not support this feature. You can buy the full version. Its not too costly.

Protel

Protel DXP is one of the best ones out there - you can get a demo version on their website, which lasts 30 days. After that you have to spend a couple grand, but I'm sure you can figure out how to get around that problem.

DON'T WORRY HELP IS ON IT'S WAY

I recommend PCB wizard i use it all the time it gives me hours of enjoyment. I hope you get the same enjoyment i did. IT'S SO FUN!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just another quick question..

Does anyone know of a decent piece of software, that will allow me to place
components on a stripboard (veroboard), and "cut" tracks?

Once I have finished the circuit, I would like to print out bots the TOP and BOTTOM
part of the tripboard?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back