Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electric water pump control

Status
Not open for further replies.

moremeba

All, i have the need to control a water pump. What i am looking for is some help/advice on the best way to do this.
Currently the pump works by pumping water when a water tap is open. My requirement is to only have certain individuals be able to draw water from the taps. My initial idea was to control the electricity to the water pump by means of electrical supply control, maybe having some switch that is controlled by a pass code? Can anyone suggest how i can do this?

Any hep/advice greatly appreciated.
Moremeba

You could have a control circuit for the pump connected to a code lock...

Enter the key to activate, open the tap and the water comes out...You would need to put a time limit or else how would you stop the water flowing once the code is entered...

Something to think about.....

A better idea is to not have the pump run every time a tap is turned on....
A pressurized holding tank would hold water under pressure ..... The pump would be activated only when the pressure drops below a certain level ....
... Not too sure about your requirement regarding restricted tap usage ....
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You could use an electronic lock circuit such as one of these Electronic Lock Electronic Circuits.

You would also need to add a time delay as Chippie stated. Set it so that after say 10s of when the water stops flowing, the lock would be reset.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
The electronic lock circuit would probably be the best idea with some for of time delay as suggested.
The reasoning for all this is that the mains water i use in my holiday property is sold by the ton. I believe that people are coming along and stealing the water when i am not there. I of course cannot prove this but i am getting higher water bills than i should. I have a cleaner and maintanance person who would need access to the water supply, so if i could get a lock circuit working i would just have to supply them with the code.
The water pump is 240v supply voltage, would this affect the way these circuits work?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back