Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electric shok each time i touch a car (not from air friction)

merk

Hi,

in my 2007 Renault Master there is a NICD battery pack mounted in the engine bay as I predict electric source for the alarm (alarm does not work if disconnected). I could not find any diagrams for it, but it has to be for the alaram. Connector was disconnected and heavily corroded (green stuff). I change the crimp pin and reconnected to the battery pack. Now I have a strange problem with beeing shock each time I touch the doors.
I know the static discharge but this was mild even when outside air was dry. With this battery pack connected you receive very large and unpleasant shock not just once. you can even hear sparks going from the body of a car to your fingers (3 to 4 times than it stops).

I know it is from this battery pack, since shocks stops if you disconect battery but what could that be? I really dont understand. The voltage has to be in 100.000 range to receive a shock. And how can the body of a car be electrified?
any ideas

I think it is regular oem alarm, all the parts has renault coding. Probably something is wrong and previous owner disconnected it.
However I dont even understand from where the high voltage comes? The battery pack has 3 pin connector, do I read voltage from the battery to see it there is high voltage?

I think it is regular oem alarm, all the parts has renault coding. Probably something is wrong and previous owner disconnected it.
However I dont even understand from where the high voltage comes? The battery pack has 3 pin connector, do I read voltage from the battery to see it there is high voltage?
No, the battery can't give you a shock, it's only low voltage - there has to be an inverter somewhere to create the high voltage - it's not something that can happen accidentally. If it's an original alarm?, then it seems that someone has illegally modified it?.

nicd battery pack looks oem Renault as do connectors and wiring. when connected it makes a sound each time when locking with a remote, but it also gives you electric shoks when touching doors.
btw i found shells all over the engine bay and bunch off repaired wires. i guess at some point a marten has been living there and i know that an electric shocker are installed against those rodents, but that is done with a special rubber metalic pads.
as said i see no installment of anything also this battery seems oem and really do not understand.

even if someone was instaling something how can the body of the van be electrified when this is minus or ground in the circuit? make no sense

20230208_155927.jpg

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back