Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electric scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

We recently picked up a 24v scooter for our grand daughter that didn't run, batteries and control box were dead. Got some batteries and decided to give making a controller a try, since I have made others for other projects. Please take a look at this and see if you have any improvements or suggestions. It has a hall effect throttle that with 5 v applied, no throttle is .845v and full throttle is 4.58v and the is a N. O. switch on the brake lever. A new controller is only $24, but I already have the components and enjoy making things like this.
http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/pocketmod1.html
http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/ct-201c6-3-control-module-5-wire-razor-pocket-mod-ver-8-12.html
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I think the P FET gate to source voltage will be above the 20 volt spec when the brake is on. Does it have mechanical brakes as well?

Didn't see a clamp diode for the motor.

Last edited:
Well, the previous posted design toasted the FET right out of the garage door, so I started to redesign it because I could not get the throttle to work the way I wanted, and the dynamic brake was a bad idea because it free wheels. Any way, after a few changes and modifications and the addition of a clamp diode for the motor, it runs real nice and uses about 90% of the throttle rotation to go from 0 to 100% power

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back