Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric lamp with 18 leds blinks abnormally and got shorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngzek

Lamps with 18 leds suddenly got shorted after some dim blinks. whats wrong with it and which part is responsible? Please help

Attachments

• hgg.jpg
    hgg.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Untitled-1k.jpg
    Untitled-1k.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
  • hggpo.jpg
    hggpo.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 114
Lamps with 18 leds suddenly got shorted after some dim blinks. whats wrong with it and which part is responsible? Please help
With all that detailed information you gave, my first guess would be that it suddenly got shorted, now it doesn't work, and the circuit board is the culprit.

One or more of the diodes (those black things with a silver band at one end) is the most likely culprit.
What supplies the power for the lamp?

Alec-t I will replace those diodes with equal values . I will be back with the getting result. Thank you all

Hi,

Do all the LEDs blink at the same rate?
Or do they all blink independently, at different rates?

Sorry I cannot remember exactly, they blink and all of them black out but not at the same time some leds last some minutes.

Sorry I cannot remember exactly, they blink and all of them black out but not at the same time some leds last some minutes.

Hi,

Wow, in that case it could be the LED's are being driven too hard, as in too much current for each LED. You could at least check the current in some of the LED's to make sure it is within spec, which is probably 20ma or less.
I dont know yet what the oscillatory mechanism is yet, but when some LED's get over driven they start to blink on and off at unpredictable rates. Very very annoying to say the least.
The solution is to lower the current by whatever means is most convenient, and hope none burnt out yet.

MrAI thanks its great to learn that 1. Too much current 2.normal current is 2ma/less for a led 3. Led blinks when over driven. Ithink there may be leakage to some diodes in the power supply lines. Okay I will check the currents on the power lines.

You did not post a detailed schematic showing parts values. The schematic should also show the input which we guess is high voltage AC electricity? We need to know the RMS voltage and its frequency.
Your photo shows a simple circuit with only one red LED but another photo shows 18 clear LEDs and we do not know if they are connected to the same circuit or how they are connected. There are many wires shown on the photos but no labels describing what they are for.

Here is a sketch of a schematic similar to yours. Copy it and make changes to it using Microsoft Paint program so it matches your circuit, then post it here as your schematic.

Attachments

• transformerless AC powered LED.png
    transformerless AC powered LED.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 144
audioguru By seeing this i can recognize every components inside the lamp circuit board. I think this schematic is exactly the same but the only little difference is there are two positive line in which one positive line is connected to 12leds and another is connected to all 18 leds designs to switch dimmer or brighter . Thanks for the schematic

That looks like a mains powered light, be careful mains is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back