Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electret Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydu1904

Hi guys, can anybody please tell me how an electret mic works???
I mean all about its construction, connections and input and output waveforms...

which output waveform it has??? AC or DC...

electret mics are made like the way capacitors are made that is why it is also called capacitor mic. i will get u the data as soon as i get it.

electret mics has the ability to pick up smallest sound. It is small, but it has polarity like capacitors go ahead and play with it

electret mics are made like the way capacitors are made that is why it is also called capacitor mic. i will get u the data as soon as i get it.

electret mics has the ability to pick up smallest sound. It is small, but it has polarity like capacitors go ahead and play with it
thanks buddy, please give me the data at earliest as i really need it in hurry.
thanks again...

Look in Google for Electret Microphone and you can read all about it.
Its electret material holds a 50V charge to polarize its capacitor diaphram.

Sound produces an AC waveform. An electret microphone has a FET transistor inside that is powered with a low voltage low DC current so its output has a DC bias voltage with the AC sound signal superimposed on it.

thanks...
but can you tell me if the input audio signal to output electric signal ratio is same for all mics or it differs from mic to mic????

A dynamic mic has a moving coil and a magnet like a tiny speaker. Its output is a little lower than an electret mic.
Some electret mics are a little more sensitive than other electret mics.
If the load impedance is less than about 10k ohms then the output level from an electret mic will be reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back