Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electret Microphone with preamp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanseng

i need some help on finding a suitable eletret microphone circuit to detect 10khz-40khz. I search on the internet. but sadly i dun have a clue what should i find.

So hopefully anyone from this forum can help find for me and paste the circuit diagram or the website URL for me. Thank you very much.

if can, prefer to be a not so complicated circuit and commons components which are widley available. Thank you.

Widely available in which country? Please help those who would help you, and fill in your country in your user profile.

Microphones are for audio which goes as high as 20kHz. They are not spec'd for ultrasonic frequencies.
Here is the frequency response curve of a pretty good electret mic but the trace stops at about 17kHz.

Attachments

• Electret microphone.PNG
    Electret microphone.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 669
ivanseng said:
i need some help on finding a suitable eletret microphone circuit to detect 10khz-40khz. I search on the internet. but sadly i dun have a clue what should i find.

Google "ultrasonic electret condenser". Lots of hits.

Bob

Apparently you can use hearing aid microphones for ultrasound. They start to roll-off a 3dB per decade around 15kHz but you can get round this by adding a high-pass filter with the inverse response. Someone I went to college with used a hearing aid microphone in his bat detector project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back