Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elco controller em-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

repairsonline

This ELCO controller is used on stone cutting equipment, made in Italy by ELCO ELETRONNICA. It has auto and manual programs.

When the machine is in manual mode, the LED display on the right, that is, under the P2, P3 and P4 blue signs, shows the distance travelled.

In manual mode, upon presssing the "0" button the display should clear up, reset. This particular button is used very often. Initially, it was thought the problem was the buttom, itself, from excessive usage.

The button has been tested and it works ok.

Also, some of the LED lights within the blue areas, like P1 and I believe P4 also not working.

I have traced the wire carrying the signal of the "0" button to the IC, abbreviated as 1, a 74HC373N, an octal D-type latch; 3-state. See image.

In addition, to looking for information on the 3 unknown ICs, see attachment, any suggestion why the display is not reseting. 74HC373N faulty ?????

Attachments

• ELCO.JPG
    ELCO.JPG
    940.6 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
it would appear that since the IDs have been rubbed off, the manufacturer doesnt want people to know what they were. if there are no markings at all your gonna have a tough time finding out what was used. Have you called the manufacturer and asked for a schematic??

This is an update on the initial information requested. The company purchased another such controller after the first one failed.

While the first unit has, now, been repaired. I was asked to repair the second unit, as well.

Somehow, the second unit escaped censorship and the attached photo shows the ICs present in such a controller.

Attachments

• ELCO CONTROLER.JPG
    ELCO CONTROLER.JPG
    782.7 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:
Do you have the wiring diagram for the input and output terminals? I am trying to wire this controller to my machine.

If you have a board that has been repaired by someone else, take a real close look with a magnifier can you see which joints have been resoldered, check the date codes and the manufacturers symbols on the chips, is one different.
I've used this method a couple of times when I've sent boards out for repair, esp when they fail often, its sneaky but works.

elko em8

an old topic I need guidance for management controller in the automatic radu.kako parameters are set to go ahead as left and right ......... please

Hey, guys. I strongly need to Programming Guide ELSO EM8. Please help me :)

Mod edit: Removed email address to prevent bots from snagging it. Please ask your questions on the forum, and you will receive the answers here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back