Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Editing Cutoff Time - Now 1 Week

What do you think about the Editing Cutoff Time?

• I think its needed and is a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think is is a bad idea and dont like it at all

• I think its to short

• I think its to long

• I don't edit my posts

• I didn't notice

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what you guys have said makes very good sense to me, and I would have to agree. Thus, I'll change my tune to a week as compromise. At first, I was just thinking of the immediate future, but now I'm looking at the big picture. (Thanks 3V0, and Pommie!)

I think kchristes idea is excellent, if it can happen that way.

The only person who voted 'I think is is a bad idea and dont like it at all' has only made one post.... Hmmmm I too, read that as there should be no edits at all. Yes, it is confusing.

Hero, I see what you and Pommie are saying, but it must only be when the post is being edited? Oh, OK, it is withing the edit period. I've only seen those on my own posts, never anyone else's. That could be a viable solution.

Torbin, now will you vote? :D

Last edited:
One other problem with the lack of edit facilities is posters not being able to maintain lists such as the Alternative Energy Links started (and previously maintained) by Bryan1. This list will become useless as time goes on unless it is maintained. On other forums lists are maintained by normal members, on this forum only moderators can now maintain lists.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
Just to clarify you're statement about that sticky I started. It was locked to prevent it being abused and if I want to update it I just pm a moderator and ask to open it so I can edit it then I pm back saying I'm done. Speaking of which I should really get off my butt and update the sticky sometime :rolleyes:.

Cheers Bryan

Just to input some info..

The "Last edited by" Link only shown for the 1 week in which the post can been reverted and/or edited as many times as you want. Admins and Mods have this link available always.

There is also backups original posts on all edited posts. However there is no feature to be notified of edits.

Is there an option to make the "Last edited by" available to everyone for the 1 week period? This would make editing much more transparent and prevent (or greatly reduce) dubious editing.

Mike.

Just to input some info..

The "Last edited by" Link only shown for the 1 week in which the post can been reverted and/or edited as many times as you want. Admins and Mods have this link available always.
If the admins and mods always have access to the link then I don't see why there needs to be a delay, they can always go back and revert posts if they get vandalised.

There is also backups original posts on all edited posts. However there is no feature to be notified of edits.

I don't see why this is important. I bet it would become very annoying if you were notified every time someone edits a post.

If a forum member spots that someone has deleted or edited one of their posts inapproprietly, they can click on the report button, as they should for any abuse of the forum.

I don't see why there needs to be a delay at all, if someone breaks the rules on editng posts, the admin will recieve a report telling them so and they can restore the posts back to the origional and ban the member before too much damage is done.

Last edited:
Thank you ElectroMaster.

I used the edit 1 hour was plenty of time to redirect what or how my text was even if it's not that great.

But, I want to say Thank you for all the crap you put up with from us. Sometimes we get to Passionate about things and loose site that it's just a forum which means it will take all of us to make it happen and one person to orchestrate it.

Thanks again.

Nigal, could you get the Queen to Knight ElectroMaster ?

kv :D

She doesn't even send me a card on my birthday! :(

As I have said in another post.

She should be ashamed that she has not invited all of you over for some Tea and Crumpets. :D :D :D

kv :p

Edit: You guy's deserve it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back