Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EasyEDA - No generic OpAmp symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

I want to place an op amp on a schematic, but I can only find explicit op amp devices and that places a pinout picture which I don't want on a schematic?
1628440089144.png

Am I looking in the wrong places?

Search "opamp" and go to user contributed. The first thing that comes up for me has a conventional symbol only.

Reactions: Buk
I searched for "opamp" and found a generic version right away. Click "system" to look in the general library. the LCSC and JCL Assembled options are new-ish, and maybe there use maybe isn't that clear (parts LCSC stocks and components available for board assembly). You can often scroll down the list to find a physical or functional layout you like.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint. The quality can vary.

crap.jpg

Click "system" to look in the general library.

That also works.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint. The quality can vary.

At this stage, the foot print doesn't matter as the things I will be playing with are never destined to be made. I'm just trying to remember stuff that I last did 40-odd years ago on my one semester "Electronics for Mech.Eng." course; and 50 years ago with 751's, strip board and a Babani book.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint

Ah. It appears that EasyEDA won't let you run a simulation before you convert to a pcb; and you cannot do that unless every compnent has a footprint.

Is that correct?

Okay, thanks. Time to try one of the other simulators I guess. I already tried LTSpice and then blew it away. I found the UI unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back