EasyEDA - No generic OpAmp symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

I want to place an op amp on a schematic, but I can only find explicit op amp devices and that places a pinout picture which I don't want on a schematic?

Am I looking in the wrong places?

Search "opamp" and go to user contributed. The first thing that comes up for me has a conventional symbol only.

Reactions: Buk
I searched for "opamp" and found a generic version right away. Click "system" to look in the general library. the LCSC and JCL Assembled options are new-ish, and maybe there use maybe isn't that clear (parts LCSC stocks and components available for board assembly). You can often scroll down the list to find a physical or functional layout you like.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint. The quality can vary.

Click "system" to look in the general library.

That also works.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint. The quality can vary.

At this stage, the foot print doesn't matter as the things I will be playing with are never destined to be made. I'm just trying to remember stuff that I last did 40-odd years ago on my one semester "Electronics for Mech.Eng." course; and 50 years ago with 751's, strip board and a Babani book.

If you use the "User-Contributed" library, take a moment to make a reality check on the symbol and footprint

Ah. It appears that EasyEDA won't let you run a simulation before you convert to a pcb; and you cannot do that unless every compnent has a footprint.

Is that correct?

Okay, thanks. Time to try one of the other simulators I guess. I already tried LTSpice and then blew it away. I found the UI unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…