Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easiest shock to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumiam

Take an electric flyswatter.

take out the circuit, touch somone with the two prongs -electrodes w/e- push the buttion.

Tada shock.

rumiam said:
Take an electric flyswatter.

take out the circuit, touch somone with the two prongs -electrodes w/e- push the buttion.

Tada shock.

Brilliant! I am going to go do this right now.. be right back! :D

Camera flashers are actually easier, but they can supply virtually lethal pulses so you have to be careful

technogeek said:
Or buy a piezo ignitor for a gas grill.

Hours of fun without batteries!

Think of the environment!

Using the lighter to actually light the grill so that you can grill your favorite meal is MUCH more satisfying than zapping someone with the piezo.

I'm going to have to go with Optikon =)

Someday one of you juvenile pranksters are going to shock a person who unknowingly has a pacemaker or micro-drfibrillator in them and then you're gonna be in for the shock of your life... via criminal mischief! :eek: Write back and tell us about your life, sharing a 6'x9' concrete walled room with your roommate, Bubba.

Oh come on HiTech... Piezo igniters are no more harmful than a bad static zap. I get worse from my car on a regular basis just getting out of it after a drive in dry weather.

A kid in high school died of heart failure (defective valve), don't remember if there was anything that contributed. I hate getting shocked, if you are quick on your feet, you might get away with it the first time, but would stand too close to me anytime soon. There are consequences for everything you do in life. Is this little prank really worth it?

HarveyH42 said:
A kid in high school died of heart failure (defective valve), don't remember if there was anything that contributed. I hate getting shocked, if you are quick on your feet, you might get away with it the first time, but would stand too close to me anytime soon. There are consequences for everything you do in life. Is this little prank really worth it?

Personally I would suggest if anyone ever shocks you in this way you simply knock their teeth down the back of their throat - this will tend to discourage little children from their stupid childish pranks!.

A local lad died here a few weeks back, my daughter knew him from school - he was just 18 years old, he was playing football (proper football!), and he sat down and never got back up. The post mortem revealed he had a genetic heat defect, which couldn't have been detected without specific tests to look for it - they have now tested the rest of his family for this specific defect, and his mother has it, but his younger sister is clear (so far, apparently it usually appears in the teen years).

I wonder what would have happened if someone had shocked this perfectly healthy looking athletic youngster?, it may well have killed him? - manslaughter in anyones country!.

Last edited:
Can anyone in here provide a link from any verifiable source that anyone has ever even gone to the hospital from the direct discharge of one of these devices? It's a SMALL hammer based piezo igniter folks.

A 'shock' doesn't need to be electricity, any unexpected stimulus can do it. Sure it's reasonably safe for most victims, probably the prankster as well, but it's just begging for trouble. Stun guns and shockers seem to be the most popular projects among kids on the forum.
With all the simple an easy to build circuits these days, why is something so old, still so popular with children? The worst we ever did was play an occasional game of 'Here, catch!' with charged capacitors, least there was some operatunity to avoid the sting...

A good lawyer woulld show that somebody with a hidden heart disorder lives on borrowed time and whatever shock that kills him is not responsible.

Sceadwian said:
Oh come on HiTech... Piezo igniters are no more harmful than a bad static zap. I get worse from my car on a regular basis just getting out of it after a drive in dry weather.
Possibly true but I have witnessed others get injured differently from a shock. They flinched enough to get a nasty cut or bruise from banging into a nearby object. It's happened to me as well. As for getting zapped by your car, simply grasp your door frame firmly as you put a foot on the ground. You won't get zapped. It also helps of you use your ignition key, grasping that tightly, watching the spark jump from it to metal on the car.

My high school electronics shop teacher always got a kick out of zapping unsuspecting students with a capacitor charged to 120-150 vdc. After about 3-4 years of getting away with that he zapped a student on the back of the neck sending him collapsing to the hard floor into convulsions and then off to the hospital. The teacher was fired and went to work as an instructor at a small trade school, making much less money and a reduced benefits package. Smooth move Exlax!

Last edited:
... or the droppings from the buzzards and hawks that rest on the towers!

I remember when I serviced tower sites in rural locations and I'd have to run to the transmitter shack with key in hand to hopefully get inside before a turkey vulture decided to drop a doodie on me from 400 feet up or more!! Between that and the buzzing hornets nests, the final challenge was to find a safe spot in the room where lightning wouldn't arc to if it was storming out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back