Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earthing light fixtures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd check places where wires are joined, and see if the voltage drop exists across the connection. if this is with current flowing, then it is generating heat somewhere. you may find a bad connection if you find any of the wire junctions on the neutral wire that are warm.

right good suggestion ill look into this.

that imaginary value goes to 0VAC when you earth it. its of concern in a sleeping area because your body is repairing itself where all signals are going through the body electrically (via the nervous system), an artificial electric field even of that low value could disrupt the bodies repair.

Would still like to know what you are going to do about the radio waves around you at night, and what about the the natural pd in the air, there is a pd of approx 1000V per metre.
The radiation (radio) from a plasma screen TV is quite high, much higher than a PC, and just the wires running through your house will cause quite strong fields. And thunder storms? Cell phones? WiFi? Bluetoth? Car remotes? Wireless phones?

Of course it will help to make sure there is a plug in every socket to prevent the electricity leaking out

Would still like to know what you are going to do about the radio waves around you at night, and what about the the natural pd in the air, there is a pd of approx 1000V per metre.
The radiation (radio) from a plasma screen TV is quite high, much higher than a PC, and just the wires running through your house will cause quite strong fields. And thunder storms? Cell phones? WiFi? Bluetoth? Car remotes? Wireless phones?

Of course it will help to make sure there is a plug in every socket to prevent the electricity leaking out

LOL :D. The "electricity leaking out" part cracked me up. Excellent chirp.

Nice to see you have a sense of humour. Always good on Forums :D...And because you have contributed here with your Minimal post count of 33 Posts only...at least you have given more than you have taken. Brilliant. You belong here. You are a giver and not a taker.

+1 for you.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi,

I was mostly concerned about the shock hazard myself with say someone taking a shower. But yes, it would be interesting to find out just what level is required to disrupt the human brains thought patterns. Perhaps some experiments would be in order. It would involve measuring the patients brain waves and generating higher and higher fields until some kind of change showed up. Anyone here volunteer to be the guinea pig? :)
If no one volunteers, then the next person to reply to this thread is automatically inducted into the program as the test subject.

Last edited:
Hi tvtech,

Anyone here volunteer to be the guinea pig? :)
If no one volunteers, then the next person to reply to this thread is automatically inducted into the program as the test subject.

I guess your it. I have some release forms for you to fill out and sign :)

Hi tvtech,

I guess your it. I have some release forms for you to fill out and sign :)

Sign me up :eek:

Can I take some of my own clothes though:). And my little exercising wheel :)

Regards
tvtech

Fun Thread

We need more like this @ ETO. Without compromising what we really do here...Technical truth only.

You can still have fun though. Why not combine the two?. Just a thought.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi,

I agree, it's like a club house or something :)
And we all like electronics and related and come up with some good information for projects and repairs and things like that.

what people who advocate isolating one's self from electromagnetic radiation don't seem to understand is that even if we removed all of the modern conveniences, we are bombarded by radio waves from natural sources covering the whole spectrum from DC to Daylight and beyond....

that imaginary value goes to 0VAC when you earth it. its of concern in a sleeping area because your body is repairing itself where all signals are going through the body electrically (via the nervous system), an artificial electric field even of that low value could disrupt the bodies repair.
regulaz; I am worred about you. Do you have any tinfoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back