Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Early warning system required Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HarveyH42 said:
Locks only make it less convienent, they just come back later with tools to cut locks or chain, break windows or whatever.

By the way, the whole idea behind locks isn't to make something more difficult to take, it's to make stealing said items less convenient compared to and take more time than any other options the thieves may have.

An unlocked car is more apt to get stolen than one which is not. Your neighbor's bike will most likely be stolen before yours, which is locked up. A burglar will climb through the window of the home which leaves its windows open on a regular basis before he'll break through the one who keeps his shut. A thief will steal from the person who constantly leaves his property a mess before he will from the person who is puts everything neatly away; it's more likely to go unnoticed by both the owner and any neighbors.

Criminals love complacency and convenience.

ericgibbs said:
The risks that some people take with their homes is just inviting trouble. Keys under the door mat, cat flaps, etc............

As you may know, we cannot use force against an intruder, else we get charged with assault!.

The joke is when you get someone causing grief on your property, you call the police, who come eventually, [sometimes]
and they say "we cannot do anything about the case unless we catch them in the act", and the joke bit
is they say, "if they come back call us again"...... endless loop.

It is the same here in the U.S. as well. :(

I believe here in America we are still allow to defend ourselves and property. Personally, I'd take my chances on an assault charge in case of a home invasion. I don't own a gun, but there are many useful items handy...

Video is the best route, unless its a theft of operatunity (just walking by, and notice something easy an unattended), you'll see them doing some research before doing the crime. Had some neighbors once, kids had one of thos battery powered cars they ride up and down the sidewalks, through your yard, into your car... Was a little tempted, would have been a great start of a robot, kids were annoying with it anyway. They broke after only a few monthes, noticed that they were pushing each other instead of it being under its own power, eventually out to the curb for trash pickup. Figured the motors and gears were thrashed by then.

The Sign on My Doors Reads:

"If you enter here Without Permission you may be Electrocuted".

Reguardless of the Consequences, It Will Happen.
15KV at 60 Ma.

I worked hard for what I have and been robbed 3 Times in my life with Break and Enters.

NO MORE!

ericgibbs said:
As you may know, we cannot use force against an intruder, else we get charged with assault!.

That assumes you call the police?, if you just give them a seriously good beating, make sure you obtain their name and address (and pass it on to all your black belt mates), then chuck them out in the street!.

The joke is when you get someone causing grief on your property, you call the police, who come eventually, [sometimes]
and they say "we cannot do anything about the case unless we catch them in the act", and the joke bit
is they say, "if they come back call us again"...... endless loop,,,, just another 'cop' out from the paper work.

Very, very true - but you do 33 mph in a 30 limit and the police are all over you!.

hi Nigel,

>> That assumes you call the police?, if you just give them a seriously good beating, make sure you obtain their name and address (and pass it on to all your black belt mates), then chuck them out in the street!.

At one time, I could have used my unarmed combat skills and beaten the cr*p out of them, but sadly I am little to old to do that,
the only 'black' belt I have now is in 'origama'.

Perhaps you might consider being my 'minder' for a small fee??

ericgibbs said:
hi Nigel,

>> That assumes you call the police?, if you just give them a seriously good beating, make sure you obtain their name and address (and pass it on to all your black belt mates), then chuck them out in the street!.

At one time, I could have used my unarmed combat skills and beaten the cr*p out of them, but sadly I am little to old to do that,
the only 'black' belt I have now is in 'origama'.

Perhaps you might consider being my 'minder' for a small fee??

A big wooden club often works wonders! :D

Well folks thanks for all the possitive Idea's trouble is now I'm left with a decision deal with the sistuation with electronics or hand out a good kicking,seeing as I'm only 5'5" I think I will try out Erics method with the re-wire PIR wsitch and see where it goes.

On another note anyone got any thoughts how I could use a Cammera flash to make any backyard wonderers think that their photo had been taken,Again triggered by PIR. or similar.

Nigel Goodwin said:
That assumes you call the police?, if you just give them a seriously good beating, make sure you obtain their name and address (and pass it on to all your black belt mates), then chuck them out in the street!.

Very, very true - but you do 33 mph in a 30 limit and the police are all over you!.

So right!! last Monday week I was caught Get this doing 35 mph in a 30 zone by those grabbing roadside speed Vans.I was acctaully doing 30 but I think I sneezed or let wind,anyway I'm expecting a fine.Dun't seem right but I will pay the £60 and the three points because I'm guilty as charged,first time in 20 years but still those scum bags that stole my Lads bike go scott free!!!.

Regards Mark

i agree with chemelec if someone robbed me, which they haven't yet, i'd go straight for the electric fence idea:D . that'll give them something to go home with hehehe:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back